- Introduction / Purpose of this Policy
At Fox Excavation & Plant Hire we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting what personal data (information) we collect from you.
This Notice explains how and for what purpose we collect, use and share personal information, in
accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- About us
By accepting the service we offer and using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this
Notice in respect of the information collected about you.
It applies to Customers, Associates, Suppliers, Third Parties and Website Users.
Fox Excavation & Plant Hire is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
We may update this Notice at any time.
- What personal information do we collect?
All personal information that we collect in the course of our business (including through our website) will be recorded, used and protected in accordance with this Notice and applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
By instructing us or submitting your details on our website you are requesting us to process your personal data to enable us to provide information or assistance to you and we will use and store your information for that purpose.
To undertake the above we may process the following information:
- Name of your organisation (if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Email address(es)
- Telephone numbers(s)
- Details of your instructions.
- Other information relevant to the provision of our services.
This is a non-exhaustive list which is reflective of the varied nature of the personal information processed.
- How we collect your personal information
The information we collect may be gathered from a variety of sources including directly from you, email, through online contact forms on our website, information you have made public or from a third party.
The information we collect, process and store will be done so in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation and the purposes set out in this Notice.
- How we use your personal information:
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- The carrying out of hiring [and selling of] plant machinery and connected services.
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your
- interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Passing your information to experts, including professional advisors for the purposes of
- obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual and legal obligations.
- Ensure good governance.
- Improve our products and services.
- Provide you with the information, products, and/or services you request from us.
- Sending you information or newsletters which you may find of interest where you have
- indicated your wish to be contacted for such purposes.
- Network and information security.
- Direct marketing
- Determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- Non personal Data
- Non personal Data
We use Google Analytics to collect statistics about how our website is being used. This includes such data as demographic information, browser types and other anonymous data for analytic analysis. This is to help us better understand who are customers are and to make sure our website is designed and organised in an easy to use way.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Marketing Communications
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and services may be relevant to you.
- Sharing Information
We may have to share your personal information with third parties, including but not limited to:
- To carry out our contractual obligations.
- If we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so.
- If it is necessary to do so to enforce our contractual rights.
- To lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime
- and terrorist activity
- Where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of any person
- Where otherwise permitted under applicable law.
- We will not pass on personal information to any individual or company for marketing
- Data Retention
We store some files digitally and others in hard copy. We will keep your personal data for as long as it is reasonable and necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will also retain your data in order to comply with our legal and business requirements.
- Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights. If you want to exercise these rights in summary these include:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- The right to access your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access
- The right to correct any mistakes in the information which we hold
- The right to erasure of personal information in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to move, copy or transfer of your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of personal information or the continued processing of
- personal information.
- The right to object to direct marketing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For further information on each of the rights see:
If you would like to make a request to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at:
When contacting us please let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. full name, address,
reference) and state the right that you wish to exercise.
Once we have received your appropriately completed Data Access Request Form we will respond
to you within one calendar month of receipt.
- Data Security
We are committed to keeping your personal information confidential. We have put in place
appropriate security measures to protect against your personal information from being accidentally
lost, used, accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, disclosed or destroyed.
In addition, your personal information will only be handled by employees, agents, contractors and
other third parties who have the business need to know and integrity to keep your personal
information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data security breach and will
notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do
For more information about this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint regarding any
aspect of your personal data please write to us at the below address:
Fox Excavation & Plant Hire
We will endeavour to resolve any of your concerns or complaints.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time in order to reflect changes to our operations
or changing legal or regulatory requirements. Where practicable we will notify you, usually in
writing or by publishing updated content to our website or by other appropriate means.